The Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP) is designed to assist Henderson residents with making their home more energy efficient and to increase the comfort, health and well-being of those living in the home. Low-income families have the opportunity to have their homes weatherized at no cost to them.
Information and Requirements:
- Available to homeowners and renters.
- Eligibility based on income and household size.
- No repayment required.
- An assessment of your home will determine your weatherization needs.
- Measures that may be installed in the home include, but are not limited to:
- Health & safety activities, such as diagnostic tests to check gas appliances, heating and air conditioning units, and installation of carbon monoxide detectors.
- Duct sealing
- Attic insulation
- Solar screens
- Compact fluorescent light bulbs
- Low-flow showerheads
- Water heater blankets
For more information, please contact HELP of Southern Nevada at 702-795-0575 or http://www.helpsonv.org/programs-weatherization.php.