It is our policy to provide an opportunity for as many people as possible to enjoy our parks and recreation opportunities. Therefore, the City of Henderson Public Works, Parks and Recreation Department reserves the right to cancel, postpone or combine classes, events or programs or change instructors in order to provide the best service possible. In the event the department cancels a class, event or program for any reason, a full refund will be issued.
- No refunds will be given if it is after the second class or program's scheduled meeting date.
- Refunds take approximately 3-4 weeks to be processed.
- No refunds will be issued for programs, classes and activities costing $5 or less, unless canceled by the city.
- Refunds will not be issued in the case of disciplinary actions, including suspension or trespass.
- Schedule is subject to change or cancelation without notice. Management reserves all rights.
- Refund requests may be made in person at any recreation center, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by phone to any recreation center.
- Patron refund requests are granted if requested at least seven days prior to the program, class or event start date.
- Refunds requested less than seven days prior to the program start date but before the second class or program meeting date, are granted less a $5 administrative charge per class, event or program.
- No refunds or prorating will be offered for classes missed by a participant for any reason other than documented medical issues/family emergencies.
Additional refund policies apply to the following:
Adult sports leagues: A refund may be granted, less a $5 administrative charge, if requested in writing prior to distribution of the game schedule.
Adult sports annual pass: This pass is non-refundable and non-transferrable.
Aquatics inclement weather policy: If pools are closed due to inclement weather, return passes may be issued, if applicable, as long as the closure is not less than three hours prior to the pool's normal closing time. To receive a return pass, the patron must present their admission receipt at the ticket booth or front desk. Return passes are not issued without a receipt. Aquatic classes issue prorated refunds if classes are unable to be conducted due to inclement weather. No refunds are issued if a makeup class is offered.
Convenience Cards and FunCards: These cards are non-refundable and non-transferrable.
Cool Pool Parties: Refunds may be granted if a cancellation is received at least one calendar week prior to the party date, less a $5 administrative charge.
Facility Rentals: Refunds may be granted if a cancellation notice is received at least two calendar weeks prior to the reservation date.
Kids Zone/Teen Kamp: Deposits are non-transferrable and non-refundable. Amounts paid for any week in excess of the 10 percent deposit may be refunded, if requested at least seven days prior to the child's attendance in the program, less a $5 administrative charge.
Memberships: Refunds are not granted unless for a documented medical reason.
Park reservations/rentals: Refunds may be granted only if adverse weather conditions prevail, or if the cancellation notice is received in writing at least two calendar weeks prior to the reservation date.
Pool Rentals: Cancellations (not less than one hour prior to the end of your rental) due to weather or unavoidable circumstances will result in rescheduling. If rescheduling is not possible, a full refund is issued. Refunds may be granted if a cancellation is received at least two calendar weeks prior to the rental date.
Racquetball court reservations: A refund may be granted with a request 24 hours prior to the reservation. No refunds are issued the day of the reservation or past the reservation date.
Safekey/Teen Scene: Once payment has been received, credits or refunds are not issued for days the child is unable to attend.
Senior Excursions: Refunds are not granted if a ticket (e.g.; show tickets, admission tickets) was purchased by the department for the excursion unless the ticket can be purchased by another person. This applies to excursions offered by Heritage Park Senior Facility only.
Youth sports leagues: A refund may be granted, less a $5 administrative charge, if requested in writing prior to player ratings.