Fire Fighter Jobs with Henderson Fire Department
The Henderson Fire Department's vision is to be an integral and trusted member of the community that strives to exceed the expectations of our customers. We are a team of dedicated professionals, who will remain true to our values, focused on our organizational priorities, and resolute in knowing that people matter most.
We are now accepting applications for Henderson Fire Fighter. Apply online.
Assessment Dates and Information
This assessment information applies only to applicants for the Henderson Fire Fighter recruitment period that ends on March 12, 2018.
Henderson Fire Fighter Recruitment Frequently Asked Questions
Minimum Qualifications for Fire Fighter
- High school diploma or equivalent at the time of application
- At least 18 years of age by the date of the written examination
- Possess a valid driver license at time of application
- Possess and maintain a valid Nevada or "border state" driver license, as defined by NRS 483, within 30 days of the start of the academy
- Possess a current certificate as an Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) or above at time of the Chief's Interview for Fire Fighter
- Possess or obtain one of the following certifications at the time of the final offer of employment
- Southern Nevada Health District EMT certification or above
- State of Nevada EMT certification or above
- National Registry Certification as an EMT or above
- Any Fire Fighter hired after July 1, 2014 must reside within Clark County, Nevada within one year of their date of hire.
Salary & Benefits
- Salary range $50,989.12 - $87,214.40 annually ($17.51 - $29.95 hourly)
- 56-hour work week
- Paid health, dental, vision and life insurance benefits
- Paid vacation and sick leave
- Paid holidays
- Paid academy training
- Paid retirement
- Uniform allowance paid by the City
- Partial tuition reimbursement
Candidate Physical Ability Test (CPAT)
- Written examination
- Oral board interview
- Selection interview
- Psychological examination
- Background investigation
- Medical/physical examination that includes drug and alcohol screening
- Must present a valid CPAT card/notice at time of selection interview. College of Southern Nevada offers the CPAT for a cost of $150. Learn more about the CPAT here
For more information about a career with the City of Henderson Fire Department, email HFDJobs@cityofhenderson.com
. The City of Henderson is an equal opportunity employer.