As Victim Advocates, we realize anyone can be a victim of crime and we are here to assist throughout the prosecution process. If a misdemeanor crime has been committed against you in the City of Henderson, advocates are here to:
- Notify you of upcoming court dates
- Assist with requests for No Contact Orders
- Explain court proceedings
- Accompany you to court
- Connect you with various resources that may be of help to you
Contact the Victim Advocate Unit at
Brief Overview of the Court Process
• Defendant is informed of the charges
• Enters a plea of Guilty, Not Guilty, or No Contest
A guilty or no contest plea may result in immediate sentencing
• Victims and witnesses are subpoenaed to testify
• City Attorney typically offers a negotiation
Defendant accepts the negotiation and is sentenced; or
Defendant rejects the negotiation and proceeds with the trial
• Judge finds the defendant Guilty or Not Guilty
• The sentence is determined by the Judge
• The victim may be allowed to address the Judge to make a Victim Impact Statement
Q: How can I drop the charges?
A: You cannot drop the charges in a criminal case.
Q: How can I get a protection order?
A: Call 702-455-3400 for information or go to Family Court located at 601 N. Pecos Rd., Las Vegas, NV
A: For orders against stalking or harassment, call 702-455-7951 (Henderson) or 702-671-4528 (Las Vegas)
Q: I’ve been subpoenaed to testify, but I don’t want to testify. What happens if I don’t show up to court?
A: The judge may find you in contempt of court and may issue a warrant for your arrest.
Report non-emergency violations of No Contact Orders to the Special Programs and Services Bureau at
Contact the Clark County District Attorney’s Office Victim/Witness Assistance Center regarding felonies or gross misdemeanors at 702-671-2525.
If you are in fear for your safety, please do not hesitate to call 9-1-1